Thursday, August 16, 2012

I love my kids!

My kids often shock me, with awesome behavior and not so awesome behavior. And it is always crazy around here. This week was no different.

Sarah asked me to pick up her holds at the library for her. Sure, no problem. Turns out her holds numbered about 15. Good grief! We haven't seen much of her this week.

Eric and his snake are adorable together. I swear the snake comes out of hiding whenever Eric is near. Atlas is my favorite pet ever. Doesn't smell, doesn't make noise, only eats once a week. Favorite. Pet. Ever!

Caleb has entered the stage where he wants to be anywhere but here. Can I go? Can I go?

Lauren has poison ivy. Again! On her face. Again! Nothing a course of steroids won't fix up. (And yes, I am slightly jealous.)

Brynna built a ghost trap today. She says our house is haunted. Our doorbell does keep going off by itself. It needs replacing. But if anything is misplaced, Brynna says the ghosts took it.

And my Aiden, my sweet Aiden, who has always been more cautious of the water than his 'have no fear' sister, swam today! He swam all the way around our 24' pool with no assistance, no floaties, never touching the wall. And when he was done, he climbed out and jumped from the porch into the pool and swam over to the ladder. I could not have been more impressed!

I love these people. When they are doing really impressive things and when they are doing ordinary, everyday things, I love them all to pieces. They impress me, shock me, occasionally embarrass me, and always make me proud to be their mother.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Aiden! That is a big deal, and a good reason to be proud. As for Sarah, there is nothing wrong with reading, but geez, that is a lot of books at once. You should really take care of the poison ivy so that Lauren won't be getting it anymore. That stuff is HORRIBLE! About Brynna, ya know, they kids can sense things that a lot of adults can't, so maybe she knows something. Maybe, just maybe, there is a ghost?!?! And Eric and the snake....UGH!!! lol.
    I sure miss seeing yall on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete