Saturday, December 20, 2014

Laundry, Drugs and Homelessness

Laundry is always an issue in our house. With 8 people in a family, laundry can get out of control quickly. My goal for today was to get caught up. I got it sorted and washing and drying and sat down for a 'quick' facebook break. While I am reading posts about people wrapping and shopping and baking and those who wished they were shopping and wrapping and baking, I can hear Sarah lecturing Brynna.

I am pretty sure Brynna was listening just about as well as I was. Remember Charlie Brown? "Waa, waa, waa." I am really not paying attention. And then I hear, "Do you want Mommy to be on drugs?"

What?!?!?

Sarah is lecturing Brynna on putting her clothes away. It goes something like this:

"Brynna, you need to go put that basket of your laundry away. Mommy gets really upset when you don't. And when you put clean clothes back into the laundry, she gets REALLY upset. If she stays upset all the time, she might have to start using drugs to get through the day. And that would be really bad."

"And when you put clean clothes in the laundry to be washed again, it wastes water. Water is expensive. If Mommy has to spend so much money on water, she can't pay our other bills. If she can't pay our bills, we will have to move out of our house."

"If she has to spend all the money on water and drugs, we will definitely be homeless. Do you want to live in the Suburban?"

I am paraphrasing, but that is the gist of it. It made me laugh. Brynna was unfazed. It would have been completely amazing if it had worked. But, alas, Brynna's laundry is still in the basket.

Oh well, I got a giggle out of it. Isn't that all that really matters?


No comments:

Post a Comment