Thursday, May 12, 2011

Grammar Police

I am not the grammar police. Really. I just have a few issues that drive me insane. The 'Have a Gooder Morning' commercial for example. (My problem may be worse than I realized. Just having it typed there, mocking me, is making my skin crawl. Just a little bit.) Anyway...

Last night we had mashed potatoes with our dinner. Eric's all time favorite food. He will eat them until he is sick. Then he reheats them for breakfast, lunch. However long they last is how long he eats them. He is my main potato peeler. And the person in charge of putting the mashed potatoes in the fridge after dinner. (So they will be waiting for him come breakfast time.)

Mom, "Son, will you put these up, please?"

Son, "What? Did you mash them individually? You need to watch that grammar, young lady!"

I almost fell out. Not just because he was right, and I hadn't even noticed, but it was so quick. I really admire quick. Especially not having been blessed with it myself. I love my Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment