Monday, May 2, 2011

Webelos Crossover 2011

My oldest son is now officially a Boy Scout! No more cubbies for him. Me, on the other hand, I'll be a cubbie parent for about 8 more years.


My Boy Scout




We only went for the day. Once again we did not camp. Maybe next year. LOL. Sarah and Lauren did not go with us and for the most part I did not see the boys all day. Just chasing babies all day.

The babies discovered the joys of the 'forest'. The 'monkey'? forest. Or maybe the murky? forest. I dunno. It was the something forest.


The Monkey Forest



They had such a great time climbing. Up and down and in and out. Over and under, making me follow. It was only slightly exhausting.





They really had fun. And I had fun watching them. When I wasn't terrified of them falling, running into snakes, or disappearing. And who would deny them the joy of the climb?





And then it was time to go to the creek. I had never been to the creek before. Never been over the creek bridge before. I am not a fan of heights. These babies don't seem to suffer from that same affliction. We started over the bridge. Brynna refuses to hold my hand. Then she stops. By now, we are in the middle of the bridge. Aiden is running ahead, Brynna is lagging behind. Mom is in the middle of the bridge praying that she doesn't fall or pass out. Here it is....my shame. I followed Aiden. Left Brynna. There I said it. I am a bad mom. Left my three year old on the bridge to make her own way across. In my defense, I probably would have gone back for her. But I didn't have to. Mr. Moffett, my new hero, walked my baby across the bridge. Not that she was scared or anything. She just didn't want to walk with me. Brat!


Scary Freaking Bridge w/ Mr. Moffett


It was a wonderful day. And exhausting. And dirty. I really don't mind getting dirty. I really don't. But just as soon as I hit a/c, I want to be clean! I hate dirt between my toes. EEwwww!! The boys apparently don't mind.


Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment