Friday, May 27, 2011

Long, Hard Week

I know! I know! Haven't been here in forever! Bad Mommy! Bad Mommy! Who knows how many cute, adorable things I have missed recording in the weeks(!) since I posted? Lots, I am sure.

This week started with me being sick. Running fever sick. I rarely get sick enough to run a fever. And a good thing, too, because this ship doesn't run well when the cap'n is down. Thank goodness they are getting old enough to supervise themselves.

Monday- Mom sick. I did manage to move from the bed to the couch. But then had to ask a short person to fetch my pillow because sitting up was too hard. Kids managed fine. House is destroyed, but manageable.

Tuesday- Mom still sick. I manage to work on the laundry a little, but had to go back to bed. Kids are fine with that. Another free day.

Wednesday- Mom is better! Yay! House is trashed. Let's clean it all up to sparkling in as little time as possible! By the time dinner was cooked (first time this week), Mom is well on her way to being dead. Kids aren't quite as happy. "Mom, don't you need a nap?"

Thursday-Mom is betterer. LOL Kids are worse! Rotten, even. What happened to my sweet, biddable children? (Oh shut up! This is my fantasy!) Sarah is swinging between hysterical giggling and pitiful weepiness. Brynna got a band aid stuck in her hair. Eric cut it out! Hello!?!? Then he was all offended because I was not pleased. Caleb spent his day being all outraged. Snarling and yelling and generally being mad every time anyone looked crossways at him. Lauren was pouty and whiny. Why, oh why can't she live across the street? Aiden spends a lot of time stomping his feet and screaming,"I don't like you!" By the end of the day, Mom is more than ready to retreat to her bed. What in the world is wrong with these horrible children? How did they turn into these hellions just because I was out of commission for a couple of days?

Oh, no! I have figured it out and it is NOT good news. For the first time, maybe ever, the kids did not bring home the illness and infect their parents. I think maybe, just maybe, Mom brought it home and infected her babies. Poor little angels. They are in for a rough Memorial Day.

2 comments:

  1. the hell's angels will be fine and mommy will be too. just remember to breath and sound proof the basement before you lock them in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A basement huh? You have been holding out on me all this time. Thanks for giving the secret away Brian! LOL.
    I know how you feel. Well, maybe not. I don't have the 6 ducks, I only have 2 rats, but I have been sick too, and I do not do well with having a summer cold...AT ALL. I would much rather puke than sneeze. Anyway, I hope you get to feeling 100% soon, and I hope the ducklings don't make things too hard on ya.
    Oh yeah, how does the hair cut look? No pictures? lmao

    ReplyDelete