Saturday, June 11, 2011

Late Again!

Once again, I got distracted from the task at hand. I mean to do better! I really do. But life keeps getting in the way. Kids, scouts, taekwondo, dinner, laundry, cake, kids, pool maintenance, dishes, facebook. If I could manage to never sit down, quit eating, sleeping, and facebooking, then I could catch up. (So far, it ain't happening.)

I have been bitten by the coupon bug. Sounds crazy, I know. It is crazy. But free nail polish had me flying for days. My cvs fix for today included 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 John Frieda full repairs, 2 pulsar toothbrushes , 2 fluoride rinses and 1 deo. My total was $11, with ecbs for $11 off my next purchase. It is fun!

I did a cake for my friend, Kim. A welcome back to Texas, Happy Birthday, Graduation cake, all in one. It was a daunting project. This is the result:
Kim's Texas cake






Unfortunately, it did not ride well. It fell over into a lovely pile:

So, so sad.

Kim was so sweet. She took it anyway. I was glad. It would have been heartbreaking to clean all that work out of the back of the burb. I will make it up to her someday.

Today, I finished a baby shower cake. I was trying to match this fabric:





Although not what I had planned, it turned out cute. If I had more time, I would have done more of the toile...
Baby Toile

I have 2 more cakes to do this weekend. I have high hopes! Modeling chocolate is AWESOME!! Forget anything I have previously said about fondant. Modeling chocolate beats it... hands down!!! I am in love! Wait until you see this weekends cakes! Unless they crash...

No comments:

Post a Comment