Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Repeat Fish

A few years ago I tried to make a fish cake for my fisherman neighbor. His dad requested a gar. I made a chocolate fish. You can tell it is a fish. That is about the nicest thing I can say about it. LOL

Chocolate gar?



This year his wife asked me to try again. This time we were thinking catfish. Try, try again.


I will have to figure out how to flip it later. I think it is better, but still not quite good enough. At least I am getting better.

I also had an order for a cake for Fabianna.  Fabianna just turned six. She put in her own cake request. She wanted a cake with Lalaloopsie(a doll) and Teddy(the teddy she has been dragging around for a couple of years). Sure, I can do that. Unfortunately for me, her mom bought her clothes for Teddy. So, Teddy was dressed up as a butterfly(?) or Fairy(?). I don't know. Sculpt a Teddy? Sure! Sculpt a Teddy with wings? Sure? no problem. GULP! It all worked out.

Lala/Teddy Cake


The rainbow cupcakes were my addition. Fabi's favorite cake is strawberry. Mine is not! I had to sneak in a way to have chocolate cake at the birthday party. Is that wrong? A little, but you know it is all about me! I wish I had thought to take a pic of the cake with the dolls there, too. Next time I'll remember. Right.....that'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment