Monday, June 27, 2011

Jobs I hate that make me smile

There are a few jobs that I just really detest. Repackaging meat is one of them. Every time I start I think, next time I will just buy it like this. Then I get to the store and it is so expensive! So I never buy ground beef in one pound packages. Never. I buy the family pack and separate. I never buy stew meat. I buy a roast and cut it up. But it is a job I really hate.

Today it occurred to me, while I was cussing myself for being too cheap, that every time I do this job, I end up smiling.

One time Mom and Aunt Jackie showed up at the house while I was doing the dreaded job. They both jumped right in and helped me knock it out in record time. Now every time I do this nasty, vile job, I think of them here helping me. And it makes me smile.

I have a similar thing with cleaning the kitchen with my brother. Sure wish he was here to help me clean up this mess.

1 comment:

  1. There are many times and situations where I long for one or all of you.... Me and your dad used to do dishes together at Grannies. It was great fun! As you can imagine cleaning up a kitchen after 47 people would be... oh yea, you CAN imagine that!! I love you!
    Aunt Susan :-)

    ReplyDelete