Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The ducks were busy today!

It was a happy and eventful day. Aren't they all? (Ummm, no) 

Aiden trapped Brynna in a laundry basket. He said she was his dragon. She didn't mind. He was feeding her popcorn through the holes.

Eric killed a wasp. In my kitchen. With wasp spray. Nothing scrubbing down the entire kitchen won't fix. And at least I didn't have to do it. (I have a serious fear of wasps.)

Lauren decided running sideways on the treadmill would be a fun thing to try. Barefoot. Not a great idea. She slipped, caught her toe. She will survive. She lost some skin between her toes (OUCH!) and has various abrasions.

While I was bandaging her up, Aiden and Brynna started a project for me. They are so thoughtful. This is what it looked like:


Five cabinets emptied. I hadn't planned on cleaning out the cabinets today, but really? Do I ever PLAN to clean out my cabinets? And yes, they are wearing each others shirts. 

They also planned for me to take a nap. Why else would they put my pillows in the cabinet?

And, because I wasn't busy and had all this free time, I cut Sarah's hair. She no longer has 26 inches of hair. Is this me doing a happy dance? Why, yes. Yes, it is. It is VERY asymmetrical. And, after tomorrow, will be black and blue again. She is a happy camper. And that makes me happy.

Don't think I have forgotten Caleb. He spent the day buzzing around my head like a gnat. "Mom, will you help me sign up to play Bakugan online? I have a code, Mom. Now, Mom, can we do it now? Please, Mom, I have a code. What is your email? It says I need a parent's permission, Mom." As annoying as that was, it still makes me happy that he waited for permission.

They are great kids. Wonderful human beings. And I am lucky to be their Mom. But a cabinet nap sounds REALLY good right about now.

4 comments:

  1. After all of this, might I ask, whats for supper??
    I love the blog! Love you, love the kiddos!
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!! I love this and I love you too!!!
    Kimmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a cabinet nap would rock if the cabinet had locks on the inside just for you....*sigh* we can dream can't we..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did cook dinner, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me. Some of the cabinets have child proof locks, but it wouldn't stop them from standing outside saying,"Mom. Mom. Mommy!"

    ReplyDelete