Monday, April 18, 2011

Mondays are NOT my favorite!

Mondays are NOT my favorite. Almost makes me wish we didn't have weekends. It is so hard to get everything rolling again after taking a couple of days off. Raising kids is exactly like herding cats. At least on Mondays.


Fire!

Last week I had a cake due. On Saturday, I thought. I sent a message to find the pick up time for the next day. I was preheating the oven to start on my latest baking adventure. Kids are meandering about saying,"Mom, it smells like birthday candles in here,"  while I am reading a message that sends me into a panic. The cake is due that evening, not the next day! I jump up to throw the cake in the oven. This is what I find:







Beautiful! One of my angels was baking before me, I think. Little plastic skillet, the matching lid, and green play do. Just what I need to send panic into overdrive! Fortunately, Mom came to herd cats for me while I played with cake. Thanks, Mom!


End result:

Mudbug Cake
                                                    




Maybe I will remember to check the oven for masterpieces before preheating from now on. But I doubt it.

3 comments:

  1. haha. i love it! sorry, i know it's not really funny, buy i just can not help but laugh...really hard. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. leslie, that cake is awesome! how do you make corn! or crawfish for that matter! also, whos masterpiece did you destroy and how upset were they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one would 'fess up. I think it was probably Brynna. Lauren is the only other short person who would stick anything in the oven. She was missing the tell tale guilty grin, so....

    ReplyDelete