Sunday, April 17, 2011

From the Start

   Starting from scratch is a lot harder than I thought. So much to say, and so little. I am hoping this will inspire me to write down all the things the kids are doing. All those stories that, when told to friends, make them say,"I sure hope you are writing this down!" Yeah right! In my spare time. Between 2 and 4 a.m. All I have to do is give up facebook, sleeping, and eating. Then I will have time to do everything I need and want to do.


The Corn Story

Call the kids into dinner. Brynna, 3, wants corn, only corn. Fine. Whatever. One corn on the cob. Two. Three. Ok, she is a corny child. Later, we are having ice cream for dessert. Brynna brings me her bowl, still full. Says,"I am finished, I need more. More corn." Corn on the cob instead of Blue Bell Vanilla? Ok, you strange, strange child.

I give her the corn, but as she prances of with it, she trips. As the cob hits the floor, kernels fly off. It is just horrible. Ruined forever. She is fit to be tied. I stay calm, tell her to pick it up, we can fix this. In typical 3 year old fashion, she refuses. Not in an 'in your face tantrum' kind of way. In an 'I have to go potty, BRB' kind of way. Whatever.

Over the next half hour or so, Brynna comes back with a few requests. A drink, more corn, Dora. She was not impressed with my, "Pick up your corn first." response.

Caleb walks through, spots Brynna's abandoned ice cream. "Mom, can I have Brynna's ice cream?"


Mom: "Ask Brynna."

Caleb:"Brynna, can I have your ice cream?"

Brynna:"When you pick up that corn!"

1 comment:

  1. OMG Leslie, I sit here CRACKING up until tears are streaming down my face everytime I read this!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete